How to Find a Blender that Meets your Needs? When shopping for a blender it is hard to know where to start. There are many different types of blenders available and there is more to the construction of a blender than one may think. Before you start shopping for a blender it is important to consider what you are going to be using the blender for. If you want a blender specifically for making margaritas you are going to want to look at heavy duty models that have been designed specifically for crushing ice.
How to Find a Blender that Meets your Needs?
There are several blenders that are designed for blending frozen drinks specifically and this may be the right choice for you. However, if you are looking to make different types of purees such as for soups you are going to want a completely different type of blender.
Find Best blender for smoothies. Many people make the mistake of thinking that just because a blender has a lot of speeds and functions that it is a better blender. This is not necessarily the case. These blenders may be a decent all-purpose blender, but may not be able to perform heavy duty tasks when necessary.
One thing that you do not want to do is to purchase a food processor or juicer instead of a blender. These devices do have some similar functions, but they are not the same and are definitely used for very different things. Food processors are most often used for making sauces and chopping fruits and vegetables to use in recipes. A juicer is used to juice different fruits and vegetables in order to maximize the amount of juice that is removed from the food. The juice can then be used in a blender in order to make different style smoothies and juices for juicing diets.
Considering your first Blender
When considering your first blender or a brand new blender it is important to do a bit of research to make sure that the blender that you purchase is going to last a long time and do the tasks that you are buying it for. Some of the most important blender features to consider during your shopping and research include:
- Power: make sure the blender has enough power to meet your needs. 300 watts is typically sufficient for blending dressings, sauces, and dessert mixes. If you are going to use your blender for making icy drinks or want the best blender for smoothies consider one that has at least a 500 watt motor.
- Ice crushing blade: this is extremely important for crushing ice for smoothies and other drinks.
- The blender should have at the very least three speeds.
- The blade assembly should be made of stainless steel.
- Make sure the motor operation is extremely durable and strong.
- Blade should be easy to remove so that it can be cleaned thoroughly after using.
- Pulse operation for chopping certain food items
- Jug size: make sure that the jug size is large enough to hold the drinks or purees that you are planning to make using the blender.
- Spout: check the spout to make sure the drinks or purees can be poured out easily. The overall design of the spout can actually make pouring much easier.
Some other features to consider include:
- Personal blenders that allow drinking from the jug
- Chopping accessories if considering a hand blender
- Variety of speeds such as liquefy, mix, blend, and puree
- Multi functional: some blenders also have functions for food processing
- Preset function for making icy drinks
- Dispensing spigot
- Blending enhancements that will help move food in and out of the blades
- Glass or plastic: plastic is more durable, but glass is sturdier.